This policy may change from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st June 2020.
What ALARM collects: ALARM may collect the following information about you and/or your associates:
- Name, and names of your associates/family/representatives;
- contact information including email address
- information included in the GetHelp form on ALARM’s website
What ALARM does with personal information collected
- This information is required so that ALARM can understand your needs and provide you with the best possible service in pursuit of ALARMs objectives, in particular: referring you to solicitors for initial pro-bono legal advice
- improving our services
- send promotional emails about new services, or other information (e.g, law reform advocacy, or community education, in aged care) which you may find interesting using the email address you have provided from time to time
- To customize the website according to your needs and interests
I may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
ALARM is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure ALARM has established suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all personal information it collects.
If you leave a comment or fill in a form on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Links to other websites
ALARM’s website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you use these links to leave ALARM’s site, please note that ALARM has no control over that other website, and cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites; such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
ALARM will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless with your prior written permission or if required by law to do so. ALARM may use your personal information to send to you promotional information about third parties which you may find interesting if you advise us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information that ALARM holds on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email ALARM at firstname.lastname@example.org ALARM will then correct any information found to be incorrect.